Edwin Markham

Outwitted by Edwin Markham
He drew a circle that shut me out -
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout,
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him in!

viernes, 22 de junio de 2012

Prayers for Paraguay

Dear Friends:

I write to you tonight with heavy heart to ask for your prayers for Paraguay.  As many of you know, my first experiences as a missionary were forged in this little country in the heart of South America - a country of beautiful people, deep traditions and culture, and amazing art.  Perhaps you have heard on the news that the President of the country has had to step down after a very quick political process that many are calling a coup in disguise.  Please remember that behind each face you might see on the news, there are dreams and hopes for a country where justice, truth, mercy and peace meet and kiss.  Behind each face are families, personal histories, and aspirations.  I see the faces, and I see my dear friends, some of whom at this moment fear that with this change repression, disappearances and lies will take over the country once again.  Please pray for Paraguay...

Shalom
Elena


SONG OF HOPE FROM PARAGUAY
The rain and the wind
call me their friend.
The night and the moon
want to kiss me.
And in flaming clouds
my dreams navigate
to the dawn of
a better time
.

CHORUS:
With a star on my chest
and a flower between my lips.
With music, wheat and peace.
With children and the
clearest and bluest of skies,
this is the country in which I want to live.

Wake now my brother,
for morning is coming.
Take up your things
and come to me.
The road is a long one
But if we walk together
you will see, my companion,
that everything will be better.

84. CANTO DE ESPERANZA (La)
La lluvia y el viento
me llaman amigo
La noche y la luna
me quieren besar.
Yen nubes llameantes
Navegan mis sueños
Hacia la alborada de un
Tiempo mejor.

CORO:
La estrella en el pecho
En la boca una flor
La música, el trigo, la paz
Los niños y el cielo
Más claro y azul
Ésa es la patria en la que quiero vivir.

Despiértate hermano,
Ya llega la aurora
Recoge tus cosas
Y ven junto a mi.
Es largo el camino
Pero andando juntos
Verás compañero
que todo es mejor.


 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario