Edwin Markham

Outwitted by Edwin Markham
He drew a circle that shut me out -
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout,
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him in!

domingo, 15 de abril de 2012

DRUSILA IS IN BLOOM!

     When I arrived in Chile sixteen years ago, this potted plant was in my house in Curicó.  I named the plant Drusila, and when I moved to Talca, she came with me.  In those sixteen years, Drusila has never had a single flower.  In fact, I never dreamed that Drusila was a flowering plant at all!  I didn't know she even had the potential of blooming.  But in the three weeks since I arrived back in Chile, a bud has slowly formed.  This week, Drusila is blooming!  Drusila's flower has become a symbol of ministry as I take up my responsibilities in Chile.
     Acsa, the young nursing student whom I left in charge of the Gathering Point (the Shalom Center office/house where we live), carefully watered and tended to Drusila the nine months that I was gone.  Drusila flourished under her care with new leaves and nearly outgrowing the pot she is in.  Acsa never noticed the bud in formation.  She was thrilled when I showed her the flower about to open and explained that Drusila had never bloomed before.  "I did a good job!" Acsa exclaimed. "YES!" I replied. 
    There are many other buds flowering after sixteen years under the care of others.  I have returned to Chile to discover those buds, show them off and celebrate. 
     Pastora Viviana has cared for the Shalom Center staff and I celebrate their new creative ideas and programs.
     Carolina S (another young woman living with me at the Gathering Point) has finished her university studies in agronomy, found a good job, and embarked on her adult life.  I rejoice in reflecting back to her her new perspectives and dreams, responsibilities and opportunities.
    In many small and great ways, God is reminding me that I have had the privilege of planting, others will water, and still others will harvest.
    Yes, Drusila is in bloom!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario