Edwin Markham

Outwitted by Edwin Markham
He drew a circle that shut me out -
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout,
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him in!

jueves, 17 de mayo de 2012

Recipe for a “Submarino”


Today I went out to have “once” with Pastora Viviana.  “Once” is the afternoon tea time in Chile, usually between 6 and 7 pm, and can include sandwiches, fresh cheese, pastries, and a hot beverage, usually tea.

But instead of ordering tea on this cold fall day, I ordered a “submarino” or a submarine.  This is a large cup of hot milk, beaten until foamy.  On the side comes a long bar of chocolate (usually one can choose a favorite kind of chocolate).  Then one slowly submerges the chocolate bar into the foamy milk letting it melt on the way down.  Then one chooses how much one wants to stir the beverage.  I like to have swirls of melted chocolate to catch in the spoon  between sips of tinted milk  so I don’t stir it too much.  Others might like it more like hot chocolate milk and will stir until the bar is completely melted.  Either way, ¡es delicioso!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario