Edwin Markham

Outwitted by Edwin Markham
He drew a circle that shut me out -
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout,
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him in!

viernes, 6 de julio de 2012

Equilibrium

I am the weight hanging on a chain linked to God.
God sustains to center point, while
I swing from end to end.

I extend to the tip of the arc;
God tugs back, firmly attached to my middle
and holding on to me way out at the end of the stretch.

I fling past the medium,
barely catching my balance before I am off again,
flying further up and further away on the other side.

Back and forth: joy versus grief, peace versus torment.
Back and forth: growth versus stability, dreams versus apathy.
Back and forth: alone versus company, energy versus exhaustion.

Will the waltz slow as I grow old?
I want to believe that the connection to heaven will tenderly guide me
with grace to perfect equilibrium.


April 30, 2000
Revisited July 7th, 2012
Curicó, Chile

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario