Edwin Markham

Outwitted by Edwin Markham
He drew a circle that shut me out -
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout,
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him in!

lunes, 17 de marzo de 2014

Second entry from Trip to Chile

For The Helper;  Good news, bad news:  I have some good news for you.  Saturday my hands got warm.  Let me tell you  how that happened.  John Charles,  the President of the Board of the Shalom Center, and his wife Susana, invited us all to Panimavida.  This is one of the many spas scattered throughout the country with warm springs fed by volcanic heat. The spa is a large complex, with hotel, restaurant, and swimming pools.  When I visited this place some years ago it was run down and dilapidated  and had seen its better days.  But it has now been restored and is beautiful with well kept gardens and flowers all over.  We spent the day in a large heated pool.  I even got a chance to sit in a hot jacuzzi, and lo and behold, slowly my hands got warm. We had a wonderful buffet lunch and in the afternoon soaked some more and even got a taste of a turkish bath.  After that I really had warm hands.
Now for the bad  news:  Yesterday, I was invited to preach at the local church.  Everything went well but when I greeted people at the close of the service, one lady said, Oh,what cold hands you have.  So I guess I am back to normal. 
We leave in a few moments to travel 500 miles south to the lake district.  Pastor John

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario