Edwin Markham

Outwitted by Edwin Markham
He drew a circle that shut me out -
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout,
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him in!

jueves, 14 de mayo de 2015

Yellow Kayak

Sept 6 2011
Elena Huegel

Sitting under a tree in a yellow kayak
Stray drops from the steady drizzle
Reach me under the canopy of leaves.

Across the pond, millions of circles flash
Winking green mirrors
Reflections broken of the gathered trees and
Overcast sky.

I wait
For the rain to stop.
As others have waited before me
Others in birch bark canoes
Exploring these whispering shores for food
Detained in their homeward
Trek by the fall showers bringing down
The temperature and the leaves.

And I wait.
For the rain to stop
As others have waited before me.
The birds chirping from their nests
The deer curling snug in a tree nook
The squirrels and chipmunk hiding with stores
But not the beaver in his underworld
Unperturbed by water falling from the sky.

It is a green gray world
Not waiting
Just being this moment
No need for patience, no though of later
Simply living, breathing

As long as the rain lasts.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario