Edwin Markham

Outwitted by Edwin Markham
He drew a circle that shut me out -
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout,
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him in!

sábado, 17 de marzo de 2012

Sept. 14, 2011
Elena Huegel
I see your tears tonight
as I tell you the stories
of children in far away places.
For a moment, in the midst of my words
you were there with me,
hugging and comforting,
listening and praying.
You traveled without leaving
the church pew to meet
people you never knew
but whom touched
the deepest empathy in you.
For a few steps,
you walked in my shoes.
and that was my intent;
to lend you my shoes
and let you kick up
the dust where so many have gone.
You have walked in my shoes.
My hope is that you will
never be the same.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario