Edwin Markham

Outwitted by Edwin Markham
He drew a circle that shut me out -
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout,
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him in!

lunes, 3 de junio de 2013

Journal

            Journal


A bee jumped in my journal today, searching
            frantically on a blank page.
I tried to explain that day hadn’t arrived, yet.
            That tomorrow was hours in the future
            empty lines waiting to be filled.

Bee, buzz a lifetime from bud to bud
            pollinating tirelessly as you search of the contents
of your work’s fruit.  Your job is sweetness
but do you ever stop to let the blank
lines stand witness to your day?

In my journey I wish to work filling
            others with honey, giving life to flowers
as I travel.  But at times along the way,
            I will stop to take a sniff,
            to drink in, to savor, to touch, to listen,
            for no  one else but my own self.

July 16, 1993
Pantanal, Brazil

Elena Huegel

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario