Edwin Markham

Outwitted by Edwin Markham
He drew a circle that shut me out -
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout,
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him in!

miércoles, 8 de abril de 2020

Gratitude


With everyone locked up at home,
what a wonderful time to connect.
All around the world,
we are living the same, basic 
unifying experience.
We chat about the virus news,
trying to keep our worries at bay,
until we remind eachother,
enough.
And switch to family
   and back to virus.
to work
    and back to virus.
to dreams and projects
    and back to virus.
The virus has infected our conversations.

So today I launched my gratitude challenge:
every time the name of the virus 
worms its way into a conversation
I interrupt and ask 
"What are you grateful for?"
or I give thanks to that person for something I appreciate.
My secret plan is for gratitude
to go viral.

EH
March26



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario