Edwin Markham

Outwitted by Edwin Markham
He drew a circle that shut me out -
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout,
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him in!

domingo, 12 de abril de 2020

Hope Returns


Aug. 16 2011
Elena Huegel


Stretched to the breaking point,
my heart screams.
My muscles shiver and twitch
under the strain of holding on
to the bits and pieces
left of what was
but is no longer.

Light
Extinguished into
Night.

Match lit
Spark
Gone.

Candle wick
Spent.

My soul is a solitary cell.
Blind and groping
along the walls to find a warm
breath of hope whispering through
my fingers.

A breach through which
Hope over time becomes a breeze
A wind.
A gale.
Crumbling the prison
one stone at a time
displacing the pain
with light. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario